Wall panels made with washing rope.

I was hunting around the house and garden
for some spare wood to make some small panels on my fake wall
that I built in the hallway.
I came across a few rolls of washing line rope in the shed that
 I had bought earlier in the year for some rope rugs.
It worked a treat.
 
Finished result
 
 
 
 
I measured and marked where I wanted the panels to sit.
I then ran no nails glue on the panel lines and stuck the rope to it.
 
 
 
 
I painted the rope in chalk paint and filled any gaps with decorators caulk.
I t was much easier than doing it in wood and cost me nothing because I already had the rope lying around.
 
 
When I do the moulds for inside the panels I buy one that I like from ebay and I make a mother mould with latex and plaster so I can have however many I want.
 

Comments

Popular Posts